The Battle Plan: An Overview of the Fighter Verses Program
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.—Ephesians 6:10-12
What is the Fighter Verses Program?
The Fighter Verses Program is designed to encourage believers to fight the fight of faith by memorizing God’s Word. Each week individuals, families, and churches are all encouraged to memory a verse or short passage of Scripture together. We pray that God would instill your heart with the conviction and yearning to memorize His Word so that it becomes a life-long practice.
Fighter Verses Collection
The Fighter Verses Collection was the original compilation of verses introduced in 1997 and revised in 2011. This five-year memory program is broken down into five yearly sets with one verse or passage to be memorized each week. The verses chosen for this collection focus on 1) the character and worth of our great God, 2) battling against our fleshly desires, and 3) the hope of the Gospel.
Extended Memory Collection
The Extended Memory Collection is designed for those who wish to memorize longer passages of Scripture. Still structured as a five-year weekly memory program, this collection includes a set for Philippians, James, Romans 5-8, and the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7), plus an additional set of larger passages from various books of the Bible that are considered key to the life of faith.
Foundation Verse Collection
The Foundation Verses are 76 verses of foundational truth designed with toddlers and pre-readers in mind. The collection includes verses designed to lay a firm scriptural foundation of basic biblical truth that will pave the way for faith response along with illustrations to help children remember each verse.
Who should memorize?
How do I memorize Scripture?
Free resources to help you memorize
- FighterVerses.com—Visit or subscribe to find the verse, read a devotional blog post about the verse, or download the song each week.
- Verse card maker—Make your own ESV verse cards with this very handy tool from Michael Scott. You can enter up to 100 references at a time, and customize your preferences. The program creates a pdf which you can save and print.
- 2016 Fighter Verses bookmark (PDF) available in English and in Spanish (español)—Carry this helpful bookmark with you to follow along with the Fighter Verse program and track your progress throughout the year.
- Progress charts (PDF) for children—Colorful memory charts to print and use in the classroom or at home. Designed to be used with incentives for children.
- 6×6 memory system (for adults)—A unique organizational system to help you memorize Scripture and review verses day by day
Products to help you memorize
- The Fighter Verses App—For Android, Apple, and Kindle
- Fighter Verses Memory Cards—For those who appreciate having a printed version; available in NIV(2011) and ESV
- Fighter Verses Songs—The Fighter Verses (ESV) set to music to enable you to memorize quickly and easily at home or on the go